Fawn Lee of Fawn's Felicities. Powered by Blogger.

Month of Thanksgiving

If you spend any time on Facebook I'm sure you've gotten the invite to this “Month of Thanksgiving” and while I've been making my mental list every day, I have to admit – I haven't typed out ANY of them – and here it is the night before Thanksgiving!

So without any further ado, and in no particular order, here is my month's worth of things I'm thankful for :)

  1. Music: I know that sounds lame, but seriously, music has always been a central part of my life and now that I'm all growed up there is seldom a day that my hubby man doesn't break out his guitar & we jam together.

  2. My puppies: we have 2 dogs, both of whom have a God story attached & just seeing them reminds me that God sees the desires of our hearts – and when it's a good thing – He gives us those desires.

  3. Indoor plumbing: this needs no further explanation.

  4. Freedom: cliché or not I recognize the wonder of being able to worship freely, speak openly about my Jesus, build my own business without the “man” telling me what I can or cannot do...

  5. My husband: He is an incredible person & he makes me laugh!Our kids: we've got 3 of 'em between 19 & 14. It is such a privilege to play a part in the destiny God has for these squirts.

  6. Our tiny house: we recently down sized & I have to say it is AWESOME to be able to thoroughly clean your house in no more than 2 hours.

  7. Creativity: being able to make stuff helps keep me sane.

  8. IHOP prayer room webstream: God has used this free web stream to encourage my heart & draw me into prayer on a regular basis

  9. Friends: I'm often amazed at the diverse group of people God allows me to do life with - some of the most incredible people God's made – my friends rock!

  10. Healing: I may not understand why some are healed instantly, others walk out a healing process and still others don't get healed on this side of things, but this I DO know – Jesus heals today & it's amazing to see.

  11. Harvest: our church family has seen us through thick, thin and everywhere in between & they still love us.

  12. Technology: from computers to digital camera, flat top ranges to microwaves, washing machines & sewing machines – there are tons of things now that weren't around 50 years ago that make my life much easier than any other generation throughout history.

  13. Hats: I'm learning how to make some really stylish ones & loving it! A fedora is on my “must make” list.

  14. My mom: there was a time when a loving relationship between us would have been unimaginable, but she is one of my favorite people today. I'm so thankful God pulled my head outta my hiney – otherwise I'd never have been able to appreciate who she is.

  15. My dad: again – so glad God pulled my head outta my hiney – this guy has a great sense of humor, and is a wealth of good, common sense advice.

  16. Salvation: the love of God – as seen in Jesus sacrifice – is overwhelming, and I am forever changed.

  17. Laughter: there is nothing like the sound of laughter to make ya feel like all is right with the world.

  18. Having my kids at home: our boys are home at the same time & it's fun to see how their relationship has evolved & grown as they're growing.

  19. Chocolate: it never ceases to amaze me how chocolate can make a day better.

  20. I'm not who I used to be: THAT is something to be thankful for indeed – thank you Jesus!

  21. My Etsy shop: I love being able to be creative for a living.

  22. Our cars: the previous 3 vehicles have been given to our family free of charge! Talk about a blessing, huh??

  23. Even when situations aren't easy God is good, and His love sustains me.

God is truly good and there are too many things to list in one night. Happy Thanksgiving!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital